Share This Post

Thursday 22 June 2017

The Peace That Surpasses


The Peace That Surpasses

Philippians 4:7
KJV: And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus
ESV: And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
NIV: And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
AMP: And God’s peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

“The Peace of God!” (Greek: eirēnē theou)

What is the peace of God?

The Amplified version gives us a very good meaning of the peace of God. “The Peace of God can be defined as that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ.” In this state of mind one fears nothing from God (i.e. not unnecessarily afraid of things like hell or punishment from God. Simply loving Him.) And is content.
This peace is beyond the human understanding.

“How Can One Have Access to This Peace?”

That peace that surpasses all understanding can be found only in Christ Jesus.
’ NIV: And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus’
He says we should cast our cares upon Him for He cares for us.
1Peter 5:7 KJV: Casting all your care upon him for He careth for you.
He says: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” [Matthew 11:28]

This is a wonderful mystery in the word.
As long as I am in in Christ Jesus, I can enjoy that tranquil state of mind and I can be assured of my salvation through Christ.

What does it mean for one to be tranquil?

It means to be free from emotional or mental disturbance. It means to be calm.
In Christ Jesus I’m free from any emotional or mental disturbance. And as long as I stay in Him, I can be sure of my salvation. I don’t have to be scared of hell or of sin or the wrath of God. All I need to do is to stay in Him.

 HALLELUJAH!!!

You can Download the PDF below

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts