Share This Post

Monday 12 August 2019

My Spiritual Abs ~The Jeafi Story~

Episode 1
     On the 6th of June, 199*, the Niji-Olawepo family, a roughly 3 years wedded Nigerian couple, welcomed their second child; Their first male child. Earlier when she went in to labor, the doctors had almost ruptured the head of this newly born making claims to some medical stuff, either it was just the water sac or something else. However, Olaide had stubbornly refused,  insisting that they weren't going to put any equipment into her.
     Both the attending doctors and nurses were surprised when they discovered that what they would have ruptured was actually the head of the baby. That was the first miracle. The baby was named IseOluwa, meaning the work of God and indeed from the very first day on this earth, he had been nothing but the work of God.

     My names are IseOluwa (The Work of God), Favor, Jesuloluwa (Jesus is Lord), Emmanuel (God With Us), Afolabi (Born With Wealth), Adeniji (Fame)-Olawepo(Wealth bonds us). If you arrange my names properly, you'll end up with the acronym J . E . A . F . I
Jesuloluwa
Emmanuel
Afolabi
Favor
IseOluwa
Which is the genesis of the name I'm popularly called by, Jeafi. And some also know me as WEALTH. As you can see, the word, Wealth, appears several times in my names. That's why I'm naturally wealthy (Smiles).
I am the only son amongst four children.
The four of us grew up as the kind of children called get-inside-children. That is, children whose lives are between school, church and home. As a matter of fact, our case was quite different from that because for a major part of our childhood, we were home schooled, meaning our mum was our teacher and we were her only students and also, our dad was our pastor and we were his only congregation. So our life was basically, Home-home-home. Our year always started and ended within the four walls of our house. We hardly knew what was outside or how to survive in the outside world. How I survived almost 13 years of my life like this I don't really know and neither do I know how we ended up living that kind of life. One thing I do understand though is that our family was surrounded with so much hate both from extended family members, especially from my dad's side, and neighbors. We were located in Ilorin where we didn't have any family members or friends. We were complete strangers in a strange land so to say. During holidays, there was nothing like "I spent my holiday with my uncle." or "I traveled to Lagos to see my Grandpa." It was just us. The year started and ended with us inside our house.

At the time, we didn't know we were missing anything. It seemed like it was the normal kind of life to live since that was all we ever knew since birth. My sisters were my only friends and classmates and colleagues and church friends. they were the only ones I knew.
I know this kind of life seems real strange but the way my life is presently is a lot connected to how I grew up. The things I've achieved, how far I've gone, the things I believe in and a lot more are all really products of how I grew up. Truly, it's not the best way for anyone to grow up but I'll say it contributed positively a big deal to my life presently

1 comment:

Popular Posts